Seminars from the UoC, the University Hospital and affiliated institutes are announced via following Mailing lists and calenders:
Scientific and transferable skill courses and workshops offered by:
- Graduate School for Biological Sciences (GSfBS)
- Interdisciplinary Program Molecular Medicine (IPMM)
- Albertus Magnus Center (AMC),
- Human Resources (HR) Development for Researchers.
Female Career Support is offered by:
How to become a PhD student at the UoC?
1. Graduate School:
PhD students at the University of Cologne need to register as PhD student (Promotionsstudent) at the faculty of choice, in this case Mathematics and Natural Science Faculty (Mathematisch-Naturwissenschaftliche Fakultät) or the Medical Faculty (Medizinische Fakultät).
|Supervisor belongs to||Graduate School||What to do?|
|Mathematics and Natural Science Faculty||Graduate School for Biological Sciences (GSfBS)||Register at GSfBS|
|Medical Faculty *||Interdisciplinary Program Molecular Medicine (IPMM) or IPHS||Contact the IPMM|
* There are some PIs who belong to the Medical Faculty AND to the mathematics and natural Science Faculty --> check here
The University of Cologne has to keep a statistic of al PhD students of the University. Therefore, every PhD student needs to register at the University. For this you need to go to Docfile and register yourself. You will need your Docfile number in order to register at the University to become a PhD student.
For Help with Docfile please check the FAQs